BioInvent is translating cancer antibody biology into innovative immuno-oncology therapies.
A high unmet need for novel immuno-oncology (IO) drugs
Our immune system is amazing. It detects and destroys bacteria and viruses that would otherwise harm our organs and tissues. It also has the potential to protect us from, and fight cancer.
Many tumor cells can manipulate important cells in our immune system in order to grow and multiply. Traditional chemotherapy approaches target the tumor cells directly, yet are non-specific, so may also kill normal cells and cause severe side effects. In contrast, immuno-oncology drugs activate important cells in the immune system, particularly T-cells, and stimulate them to attack tumor cells.
Immuno-oncology drugs are one of the greatest medical breakthroughs of the 21st century, significantly improving cancer survival rates, with the global immuno-oncology market expected to reach $76 billion by 2021.
However, current available immune modulatory drugs are only able to help a fraction of all cancer patients, leaving a high unmet need for additional novel immune-oncology treatment options.
Our mission is to address this high unmet medical need.
Our differentiated immuno-oncology approach yields a deep pipeline and strategic partnerships
BioInvent is a clinical stage company focused on the development of novel, first-in-class immuno-modulatory antibodies for the treatment of cancer, addressing the need for novel treatment options that have the potential to significantly improve patient outcomes. Our powerful discovery engine is based on our validated, proprietary F.I.R.S.T™ technology and our proprietary n-CoDeR® antibody library to simultaneously identify targets and antibodies that bind to these targets, generating many promising new drug candidates to fuel the Company’s proprietary product pipeline as well as for licensing and partnering purposes.
BioInvent’s proprietary, state-of-the art manufacturing facility provides antibody production capacity to feed the Company’s preclinical and clinical pipeline, which is a key advantage for a swift and cost-effective preclinical/clinical development path compared to externally sourced antibody production capacity. Manufacturing contracts with our clients also provide a source of revenue.
BioInvent's current operational activities are focused on:
- Progressing the clinical development of its lead Phase I/II first-in-class anti-FcγRIIB antibody BI-1206 for the treatment of NHL and for the treatment of advanced solid tumors in combination with Keytruda® (pembrolizumab).
- Progressing the clinical development of BI-1808 (anti-TNFR2 antibody), as monotherapy and in combination with Keytruda® for the treatment of solid tumors and CTCL (Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma).
- Developing BT-001 (anti-CTLA-4 antibody/oncolytic virus), in partnership with Transgene, for the treatment of solid cancers.
- Advancing BI-1607 (anti-FcγRIIB antibody) in combination with a checkpoint inhibitor, into clinical development for the treatment of solid cancers.
- Continuing development of the Company's prioritized preclinical projects with the aim to generate additional clinical programs, e.g. BI-1910 (anti-TNFR2 antibody).